Monday, November 16, 2009

"... Gold Hair & Lightning"

All but one of these songs were taken from movie trailers for upcoming films I wish to see. Each are in heavy rotation on my sansa so it is with pleasure that I share them! These songs can be found on Rhapsody unless otherwise stated. To hear each song click on the song title/artist name under each picture.

*


'The Lightning Strike'
Snow Patrol


The first 5 minutes and 16 seconds of this 16 minute opus are deliriously stirring, calling the listener to a brilliant peak. A '... Lightning Strike' indeed. Its opening bars remind me of the instrumental piece at the start of the film trailer for 'The Box' (starring Cameron Diaz and James Marsden). I'm nearly certain these two songs are not one and the same and that the latter is a product of an independent music company such as DeWolfe. Unfortunately the trailer I'm referencing no longer appears to exist. Here's the trailer anway -- interesting, right?

*


'Set Fire To The Third Bar'
Snow Patrol, feat Martha Wainwright


I found this song in the film trailer for 'Dear John', a Nicolas Sparks adaptation starring Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried. Against my will I liked 'A Walk to Remember' but not even the hotness that is Ryan Gosling could tempt me to like the sentimental 'The Notebook'. That I am so drawn to 'Dear John' comes as a surprise but the mood of the trailer is right, the story seems uncomplicated and the starring actors are good, so I might have to give this a shot.

*


'Running Up That Hill'
Placebo


I want to watch this film. I want to watch it. 'Daybreakers' starring Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill (my mom's old school crush), Willem Dafoe is about vampires, a world where every human is a vampire-turned. Well, not every human save those few hunted and sent to hematological banks to be farmed for their blood. It just looks so cool. As the trailer reaches its climax this song kicks in and it is brilliant!

2 comments:

MixedBlood said...

So... This weekend I plan on seeing "The Box". Have you yet?

sG said...

No, I have not. I think the family will see Ninja Assassin over the holiday.

Tell me if The Box is any good, okay?