Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Boys and girls, it is tennis season!!!! Three cheers, hip-hip-hooray!!!! I'm not sure how dedicated a tennis fan I am though -- I only watch between the Slams, meaning from the start of the Australian Open to the end of the U.S. Open I am tennis mad and catch as many matches as I can. Everything outside that period gets an 'eh' from me. I'm sure I have mentioned once, twice, maybe three times my favorite players: Rafael Nadal, Venus and Serena Williams. I ride or die with these guys so how much I'm feeling a season depends at least 80% on how they are doing, lol. Still last year was pretty good in spite of Rafa's mid year drop off and Venus's loss at Wimbledon, Serena's, ahem, incident at the U.S. Open, etc. Some good tennis was played and new talents emerged and anticipated talents (well, at least one) delivered. The Australian Open is rearing its Aussie head once more so I'll probably haunt my favorite tennis sites until September: Craig Hickman's Tennis Blog at Blogger; Nadal News; Tennis.com; and Forty Deuce (because she's funny) over at Typepad. Honorable mentions to Down the Line at Blogger and Tennis Talk. Tennis season, yay!!!!

Since I'm on a sports kick I should mention another of my favorite spectator sports that has been neglected on this blog -- football... of the American variety. I love me some football and my favorite team is the NY Giants (I'm from Jersey and their stadium is in Jersey and they train in Jersey and most of them live in Jersey... they're ours! LOL). My Giants though, have sucked this year. All-caps SUCKED. Thank you, Bill Sheridan, for taking one of the fiercest defenses in the league and turning them into mush. The man needs to be fired. Fired!!! My family is in agreement. This is his first year on the job, however, so the Giants' owners and manager might decide to suffer through him for one more year much to my utter disagreement. Sigh. Still, I like football and so have watched a lot of non-Giant games for the sheer fun of it. Yesterday I watched the two teams I wished to have win -- the Bengals and the Eagles, lose. It was a bad Saturday. Today, one team I wanted to win (Ravens) won, while the other (Packers) lost in the most preposterous manner. It was a middling Sunday.

What else... what else... what else? Um. The Winter Olympics??? ... Yeah, I don't care either.

I hope to keep better blog track of tennis this year as well as the waning football post-season. Ta-ta for now!

No comments: