Monday, April 19, 2010

Tuesday's Odds & Ends



Items like this make me want to take a wood-shopping class... then I remember my fear of circular saws. Ah, there goes the urge like a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in a room full of Airmen! Oh, lovely chair, you're still lovely. Too bad it's mad expensive... and sold out. On the bright side, the website has so many pretty, pretty things. With every post and site I cruise I am reminded of how clever and in search of beauty people are, how they continually carve it from whatever object grabs their clever fancy. It makes me kind of proud of "us".

---
Idaho, but why???


This is a hotel. I kid you not. And it's for people. Again, I kid you not.

Would you like to learn more?
---
Oh, History.com, what would we do without you?
On April 20, 1980 (hey, by this time, I'd been gestating in my mother's womb for about a month -- fun fact), the Castro regime announces that all Cubans wishing to emigrate to the U.S. are free to board boats at the port of Mariel west of Havana, launching the Mariel Boatlift. The first of 125,000 Cuban refugees from Mariel reached Florida the next day.

Would you like to learn more?

No comments: