Sunday, May 30, 2010

This Sunday Comes With Music

Just some stuff I'm listening to these days, ^_^!

Emily Wells -- Symphony 1: In the Barrel of a Gun linked from YouTube
Brooke Fraser -- C.S. Lewis Song linked from iLike



Talib Kweli -- Ms. Hill linked from iLike
I miss Lauren Hill so much! I will swear to the day I die
that 'The Miseducation of...' is one of the most perfectly
crafted albums, of any genre, of all time. So whenever
I'm in the mood to mourn, and not to do so alone, I listen
to this song.
Big Scary -- At The Mercy Of The Elements linked from ArtistDirect
This song is purely instrumental and this particular
listen is only a 30 second click.



Regina Spektor -- No Surprises (Radiohead cover) linked from MusicVagabond
What a gorgeous cover! Apparently not many have gotten
on the Spektor train but I have. I find her voice and
instrumentation beautiful, and her approach to song very
different from the standard fare. She belongs to the
category of Tori Amos, so if you don't like the latter, you
may not care for Spektor. Plus she's Russian and
occasionally drops a Russian lyric in a song.
Nina Gordon -- Pure linked from iLike
The Heavy -- How You Like Me Now linked from YouTube
Yes, from the car commercial. Shut up. ;) This video
is so weird.

Pausing our regularly scheduled English language songs for a much needed foreign music injection...
Coffee House OST linked from YouTube
Its the soundtrack for the Korean television rom-com,
'Coffee House', and it's damn good. So, here's the
foreign portion of the list. Sorry but I can only share
the artist name since the Korean characters won't show
up on my post.
1. SG Wannabe, Ock Ju Hyun
2. Jo Sung Mo
3. So Yeon (of T-Ara) and Ock Ju Hyun

Now resuming our regularly scheduled English language songs...



Nas and Jay-Z -- Black Republicans linked from iLike
The Cardigans -- My Favourite Game linked from YouTube
Kid Cudi -- (Pursuit of) Happiness linked from iLike
and for good measure, here's the video. linked from VeVo
This song is such a damn good groove. Like a caramel's
warm sweetness on my tongue this song just makes me
want to sit back, nod my head, and relax.
Rihanna -- Te Amo linked from Clutch
Uh, Ri-Ri is much more progressive than I would have
initially assumed. That video is something different
from your standard Mistress of R&B/Hip-Hop fare.



Kanye West -- Power linked from Clutch
Oh, Kanye! Why can't I quit you, for you surely are an ass!
Then again most creative types are jerks so, okay, in that he's
just following the prescribed pattern.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Spot on as usual!!!