Monday, June 7, 2010

Just Started


Kathe Kollwitz, self-portrait

Isn't that gorgeous? There is something so very vital about it.

I recently started the summer session at the local college. Divided into three terms, I am registered for the two most condensed terms (5 weeks each), and first up is 'Art Appreciation'. Originally I planned to take more than one class for my first summer session but had a few problems with registration and required texts, and so settled for one class, the aforementioned 'Art Appreciation'. The next session, which begins only a few days after the current one ends, will see me attending two classes, a math course and 'Photography I'. Should be fun, right? Well, it is only the first day but we covered much of the basics (the class is four hours long) and while uneventful, it wasn't boring. The teacher answered a few private questions I had about majors and the job market as it applies to a B.A. and her answers created for me a sense of freedom and opportunity just as I was feeling hemmed in. So, yeah, good day.

No comments: